help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] Q about handling NAS-IP-Address and NAS-Identifier .

From: Rahul Joshi
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Q about handling NAS-IP-Address and NAS-Identifier .
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:17:12 +0530

Hi,
    I have a question on how GNU  radius server handles
the NAS-IP-Address and NAS-Identifier fields in an Access-Request.
    Should the  NAS-IP-Address always have
a value from list present in "etc/raddb/naslist"?
What behaviour is expected if I send an Access-Request with
an IP address that is not present in the the naslist file? Currently it seems
that any IP address works and the radius-server generates an Access-Accept.
   Also,  instead of NAS-IP-Address if I send some random   NAS-Identifier
in the Access-Request the radius request is accepted and an Access-Accept
generated?
   I this behaviour correct OR I am missing some configuration  of  GNU
radius server to validate the NAS-IP-Address or NAS-Identifier?

Regards.
-Rahul