help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Questions

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Questions
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:10:08 +0300

Hi Georges,

Georges EL OJAIMI <address@hidden> wrote:

> 1) I came to authentication using 'radsession', it is giving me the
> following error after executing:
> > radsession -l testing -p password - P 1812 --auth
> ERROR: Wrong number of arguments to #<primitive-procedure eval>
>
> What is the problem here? I have: 'guile-1.6.4' and 'ppp-2.4.2'

It is a bug in version 1.2. It has been fixed in the recent alpha
release 1.2.93.

> 2) Between, Why it is not getting the password from the MySQL table. I
> tried to alter the file raddb/users in the password section, to
> something different than the one on MySQL, it is authenticating only on
> the password written in the 'users' file!!!

It means that the request does not match conditions of your SQL
entry. I'd provide some more detailed diagnostics if I saw the
contents of your raddb/users.

> 3) I want to demonstrate the Radius features on one Linux machine.
> i.e. I want to have the server and the client on the same machine
> (whether it is NAS, PAM or the simplest case)!! Can this happen?

No problem. Radauth is a simple NAS-simulator, PAM radius module is
also included in the distribution.

Regards,
Sergey