help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Re: not getting acct info for portmasters

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Re: not getting acct info for portmasters
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 12:21:57 +0300

Scott Lambert <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ports in use:
>  AUTH: 1812
>  ACCT: 1813
[...]
> My auth and acct ports are the old style 1645 and 1646 in /etc/services.
> Those ports are actively awaiting connections.  1812 and 1813 are
> closed.

You can configure your radius to default to using old-style ports by running

   ./configure --with-auth-port=old

or

   ./configure --with-auth-port=1645

Alternatively, you can specify different set of ports (or IP addresses
and ports) using `port' and `listen' statements in your raddb/config
file. For detailed description of these, see

http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_node/radius_27.html#SEC37

and

http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_node/radius_28.html#SEC45

> There were many incompatibilities in the cistron users file.  I think
> cistron was simply ignoring things that should have been errors.

Yes, in contrast to Cistron implementation, GNU radius does extensive
syntax and semantics checking on its startup files before using them.

Regards,
Sergey