Re: Including Frameworks

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: Including Frameworks
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:25:36 -0700

Uli Kusterer wrote:
Hi,

I have a GNUmakefile for an app that uses a framework. The app instantiates a class from the framework in its MainMenu.gorm file. I make install the app and framework, but whenever I try to launch it, I get:

# openapp GSSystemPreferences.app
Exception occurred while loading model: unable to find class 'GSSysPrefsAppDelegate', it is not linked into the application.
Failed to load Nib
Cannot load main model file 'MainMenu'

GSSysPrefsAppDelegate is supposed to be in my PreferencePanes.framework, which I *think* I'm pulling into my app in the makefile:

   FRAMEWORKS= PreferencePanes

Frameworks are more like pseudo-frameworks under Linux/non-dyld/mach-o systems. There's been some work to fix this, but things like GCC and LD do not support the -F and -framework flags. Your best bet for instructions on how to compile a framework is to look at some real-world examples. I suggest checking out the StepTalk source.

Is there anything else I need to do? I also tried Prefixing FRAMEWORKS with my app's name and an underscore as the other variables.

Thanks for any clues, the tutorials don't seem to cover including a framework, they only talk about libraries.

-- Uli
http://www.zathras.de