Re: Including Frameworks

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: Including Frameworks
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:18:55 -0700

M. Uli Kusterer wrote:
In article <mailman.6211.1099172022.2017.help-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:

Frameworks are more like pseudo-frameworks under Linux/non-dyld/mach-o systems. There's been some work to fix this, but things like GCC and LD do not support the -F and -framework flags. Your best bet for instructions on how to compile a framework is to look at some real-world examples. I suggest checking out the StepTalk source.

 Sniff... okay.

I found a thread from 2003 or so on this, and so thought it had been fixed by now :-T

Would it require a lot of intimate knowledge of the GS-make stuff to add some sort of compatibility layer that adds the -I and -l flags when it finds a FRAMEWORKS specification?

probably not, I've thought about doing this myself but simply havent had the time.

I'd rather fix this once in the GNUMakefile system than keep entering oodles of options in every makefile I create...

Lazily yours,
-- Uli
http://www.zathras.de