help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] beta critics

From: Kasper Hviid
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] beta critics
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 20:06:43 +0200

2009/10/9 Aguirrezabal Pedro <address@hidden>
Hi Kasper!
I player spend lots of hours at work playing today and I was surprised of how advanced everything seems to be :)  GooD WoRk!!!!

True! Christian did a pretty good job with all that xml stuff. I'm still playing around with the different map parameters.

-Regarding to DEATHMATCH rules: When someone dies it respawn INSTANTLY and in the same place.  I think this can be better if there is a CONFIGURABLE delay between respawns, and the respawn point must be a random player start location so you cannot anticipate it.

Sounds like a good idea!

- In time/speed settings, cannot understand what is the purpose of allowing the player to choose low values like 5/1 cause the game is tteeeerrrible slow at that speed that became unplayable

I dunno, it would be kind of cool for a level taking place in a LCD game. Or for testing exactly how the xml parameters affect the fighters behavior. Anyhow, I personly like having enough power to be able to cripple the game!

Well.. that's all for now...
I don't know if they are in the TODO list , but i really like to be able to make team deathmatchs with 3 computers (1 on my team) so the match can be 2 vs 2 and I need to help my teammate survive.

I don't get what it is you're asking -- something about cooperative play? Right know, it is possible to make team play with the bots by setting some of the teams to the same colors, and toggle on "Can collaborate locally" under options>rules. And it is quite fun, too. I guess the same will be possible when multiplayer comes around!