octave tutorial

From: Brian Blais
Subject: octave tutorial
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:17:42 -0400

Hello,

While we're on the topic of teaching using Octave, I am going to be
using octave this fall semester for teaching an intro to programming
course.  I have written a lab manual of sorts, which you can have a look
at.  http://web.bryant.edu/~bblais/octave

I took an approach which I haven't seen for octave or matlab before.
Rather than jump into matrices immediately, I treat the language as any
other, introducing the language structures first, and then vectors and
matrices later. It's still a bit rough, and kind of drops off at the
end, but it is a work in progress and may be useful to someone out there.

Any comments?

                                Brian Blais

--

            address@hidden