Re: Hi

From: Thomas Shores
Subject: Re: Hi
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:59:41 -0500

On Friday 14 September 2007, David Bateman wrote:
> Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
> >> On 9/13/07, yoonus <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> If you're under Windows and you used the binary installer and
> >> you used the default installation, then typing "edit" at octave
> >> prompt should be enough.
> >
> > octave-2.9.13.exe:1> edit
> > error: system: CreateProcess failed -- can't create child
> > process error: evaluating if command near line 150, column 5
> > error: evaluating if command near line 149, column 3
> > error: called from `edit' in file
> > `C:\Programs\Octave-2.9.13\share\octave\packag
> > es\miscellaneous-1.0.2\edit.m'
> >
> > What's wrong ?
> >
> > I do not usually use edit command.  This is the first time for
> > me to try it.
> >
> > Tatsuro
>
> If you figure it out tell me, I see the same thing, though Michael
> doesn't..
>
> D.

It worked fine for me, though I received a message about a
non-existent directory which might be a clue to the problem.  The
following transcript

address@hidden SincMethods]$ octave
GNU Octave, version 2.9.9 (i686-redhat-linux-gnu).
Copyright (C) 2006 John W. Eaton.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTIBILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.

Additional information about Octave is available at
http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/help-wanted.html

Report bugs to <address@hidden> (but first, please read
http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to write a helpful
report).

octave:1> edit
sh: line 0: cd: /Net/mathstat/Users/Fac/tshores/octave: No such file
or directory
octave:2>

Emacs came right up in a separate window.  BTW, I'm using the KDE gui
under Fedora 7.

Thomas Shores