help-shishi

Re: Shishi 0.0.26

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Shishi 0.0.26
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 17:36:20 +0200

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:

> Maybe we can keep the postrm/prerm in the old shishid package?  I'm
> not sure if I got everything correct (I had troubles installing the
> 0.0.23 package at all), but dist-upgrade now seem to work.

That wasn't really true...  I'm tweaking things further, but haven't
succeeded yet.  Stay tuned.

I've also noticed that the libshishi-dev Depends is wrong:

Depends: libshishi0 (= 0.0.25-1)

It needs libidn11-dev and libgnutls-dev too, but I'm not sure how to
make that happen automatically.  Similar for libshisa-dev.  I'm
hard-coding these manually for now.

Further Depends problems: I've also made libshishi0 depend on
a versioned shishi-common:

-Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, shishi-common
+Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, shishi-common (= ${Source-Version})

This is because libshishi0 needs the proper locale files from
shishi-common, mixing versions there is probably not a good idea.

/Simon