help-shishi

Re: makefile

From: Alberto Fondi
Subject: Re: makefile
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 08:35:02 +0200

Simon Josefsson ha scritto:
Alberto Fondi <address@hidden> writes:

Hi group,

   i have a question for you, how can i set the variable LIBS =
-lresolv in the makefiles in LIBS = -lresolv -lcrypt -lgpg-error, from
the configure command?

Hello.  Try:

./configure LDFLAGS=""

However, if you installed libgcrypt correctly, this shouldn't be
necessary.  Maybe you could expand on why you believe you need this?

/Simon
I expand as you require.

I need to install shishi on a Linux machine, and i installed as you said me the two libraries first, but non in the default path and in two different paths. Then i modified ld.so.conf and gave linux the command ldconfig. It found two libraries e no error was shown.

When i tried to configure shishi, i gave the command

./configure --prefix=path
and then
make check

but when i made these actions i receive a number of error.

The i found out it was an include problem and i restart by
./configure --prefix=path CFLAGS="-I/afs/lnf.infn.it/user/f/fondi/libgcrypt/include/ -I/afs/lnf.infn.it/user/f/fondi/libgpg-error/include/"
and then
make check

but now i received a different errror, the gcc didn't found the definition of the function in the two libraries installed. Infact when i saw the row that gave the error i found out the -resolv gcc paramenter without

-lgcrypt -lgpg-error

for this reason i asked you how to set the variable LIBS.

However i have tried yet the solution you gave me and i doen't make.

I receive the error in the configure

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.