help-shishi

Re: makefile

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: makefile
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:18:19 +0200

Alberto Fondi <address@hidden> writes:

> Simon Josefsson ha scritto:
>> Alberto Fondi <address@hidden> writes:
>>

>>> Hi group,
>>>
>>>    i have a question for you, how can i set the variable LIBS =
>>> -lresolv in the makefiles in LIBS = -lresolv -lcrypt -lgpg-error, from
>>> the configure command?
>>>

>> Hello.  Try:
>>
>> ./configure LDFLAGS=""
>>
>> However, if you installed libgcrypt correctly, this shouldn't be
>> necessary.  Maybe you could expand on why you believe you need this?
>>
>> /Simon
>>
> I expand as you require.
>
> I need to install shishi on a Linux machine, and i installed as you
> said me the two libraries first, but non in the default path and in
> two different paths.
> Then i modified ld.so.conf and gave linux the command ldconfig. It
> found two libraries e no error was shown.
>
> When i tried to configure shishi, i gave the command
>
> ./configure --prefix=path
> and then
> make check
>
> but when i made these actions i receive a number of error.
>
> The i found out it was an include problem and i restart by
> ./configure --prefix=path
> CFLAGS="-I/afs/lnf.infn.it/user/f/fondi/libgcrypt/include/
> -I/afs/lnf.infn.it/user/f/fondi/libgpg-error/include/"
> and then
> make check
>
> but now i received a different errror, the gcc didn't found the
> definition of the function in the two libraries installed.
> Infact when i saw the row that gave the error i found out the -resolv
> gcc paramenter without
>
> -lgcrypt -lgpg-error
>

> for this reason i asked you how to set the variable LIBS.
>
> However i have tried yet the solution you gave me and i doen't make.
>
> I receive the error in the configure
>

> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error:
> C compiler cannot create executables
> See `config.log' for more details.

I believe you already fixed this yourself, but the recommended
solution to this problem is to use --with-libgcrypt-prefix to point at
where libgcrypt is installed.  E.g.:

./configure --prefix=path
--with-libgcrypt-prefix=/afs/lnf.infn.it/user/f/fondi/libgcrypt/

This assumes that /afs/lnf.infn.it/user/f/fondi/libgcrypt/bin contains
the gcrypt-config script, installed by libgcrypt's "make install".

/Simon