Re: [igraph] Problem installing igraph R package on 64-bit Mac Pro

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Problem installing igraph R package on 64-bit Mac Pro
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 20:33:44 +0100

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 8:12 PM, Michael Braun <address@hidden> wrote:
> OK, we're getting closer.    Here's the full output.  It looks like the
> package is compiling, but something is going on with the indices.

[...]
> ** building package indices ...
> Error in Rdinfo(RdFiles[i]) :
>  missing/empty \name field in
> '/Users/braunm/Downloads/igraph/man/igraph.Rd.gz'
> Rd files must have a non-empty \name.
> See chapter 'Writing R documentation' in manual 'Writing R Extensions'.
> Calls: <Anonymous> ... .install_package_Rd_indices -> Rdcontents -> Rdinfo
> Execution halted
> ERROR: installing package indices failed
> ** Removing '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/igraph'
[...]

That is surprising, some .Rd files in /man don't have a \name entry,
at least this is what it says. Do

grep -L "\\name" igraph/man/*.Rd

and then add a \name{foo} entry to all listed files. Actually in the
igraph_0.5.1.tar.gz file I have all manual pages name a \name, so I
have no idea what went wrong for you.

G.