Re: ancient articles

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: ancient articles
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:07:40 +0200

On 31 Mar 2005 19:13:35 +0100, Phillip wrote:

> [...]

Reiner> ,----[ (info "(gnus)Read Articles") ] | `O' | Articles that
Reiner> were marked as read in previous sessions and are now | "old"
Reiner> (`gnus-ancient-mark'). `----

[...]

> Do you have any idea why they appear though? I am trying to
> determine if there is any specific semantics to being ancient.

I may be misreading you, but are you merely asking what the 'O' mark
means? I.e. the conditions necessary for an article to be considered
ancient?

If so, the answer is right there in the info-node that Reiner Steib
quoted: an article is ancient if it has been marked read in a previous
session (not the current session). Simple as that.

Sorry if I misunderstood you and the above was obvious.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "We've reached a special place... Spiritually...             Adam Sjøgren
  ecumenically... grammatically."                        asjo@koldfront.dk