Re: Multiple e-mail, automatic EOL

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Multiple e-mail, automatic EOL
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 15:11:35 +1000

Julien Ghaye <j.ghaye@no.spam> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm a beginner using gnus (and Emacs too) and I got several
> problems setting it up.
> I use gnus as a news reader and as an e-mail client. My
> problem is that i dont want to sent my real e-mail when
> writing a new article for a newsgroup, so I wrote in my
> config file :
>         (setq user-mail-address "j.ghaye@no.spam")
> This works fine, even too fine. Indeed, it has the same
> effect when I send an e-mail, where I expect to send my
> real e-mail.
> So, how can I deal with it ? How/Where can I add a list
> of my e-mail adreses and choose one of them when sending
> a mail ?

Look at the section on 'posting styles' in the manual. This is covered there.

> I also have another question. How can I set gnus to make
> it go to the next line when I reached a number of caracters
> on the previous line ?

Look in the emacs manual under the heading "Filling", which is emacs
speak for line wrapping. If you want to use soft line breaks, check
out the longlines.el package - you can probably find it at
http://www.emacswiki.org.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au