Re: nntp and ssl

From: Antoine Junod
Subject: Re: nntp and ssl
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 09:54:40 +0200

m. kolb wrote:
Antoine Junod <antoine.junod@epfl.ch> writes:

Hello,

I was using gnus to read my mails (IMAP + SSL) and news (NNTP) without
any problem until my news provider updated the news server. NNTP is no
longer supported and I have to use NNTP over SSL.

I've tried to change my conf as follow:

(setq gnus-select-method'                                       (nntp
"news.epfl.ch"

          (nntp-open-connection-function nntp-open-ssl-stream)

          (nntp-port-number)

          (nntp-address "news.epfl.ch"))

When we changed to require SSL and authentication, I changed my
pertinent .gnus.el like this:

(add-hook 'nntp-server-opened-hook 'nntp-send-authinfo)

(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "nntp.msu.edu"
      (nntp-open-connection-function
       nntp-open-ssl-stream)
      (nntp-port-number "nntps")
      (nntp-address "nntp.msu.edu")))