Re: gnus-summary-prev-page

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: gnus-summary-prev-page
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 19:55:36 +0200

Hadron Quark <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Hadron,

>> What does `C-h k b' say?
>
> view part:
> ===
> b runs the command gnus-article-view-part
>    which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-art'.
> (gnus-article-view-part &optional N)
>
> View MIME part N, which is the numerical prefix.
> ====
>
> so I guess its a load order thing : the key definition I place at the
> end of my .gnus.el is being overwritten somewhere? Did it work for
> you?

No, I tested it, and it doesn't work here, too. Maybe I should test
before advising. :-)

> ps I downloaded your latest rdictcc and there is still this number of
> arguments problem with the call to current word set as
>
>                 (current-word t t)
>
> as opposed to only one "t" which then works for me.  e.g
>
>                 (current-word t)
>
> I checked the function definition of current word and there should be
> only one argument shouldn't there?

Ah, thanks for debugging. In Emacs 22 it has 2 arguments. I'll add a fix
for this. But it will work better in 22, because with the old version it
will return symbols, not words, e.g. foo-man-c_h_oo (point on "h"),
whereas it simply returns "choo" with REALLY-WORD set to t.

,----[ C-h f current-word RET ]
| current-word is a compiled Lisp function in `simple.el'.
| (current-word &optional STRICT REALLY-WORD)
|
| Return the symbol or word that point is on (or a nearby one) as a string.
| The return value includes no text properties.
| If optional arg STRICT is non-nil, return nil unless point is within
| or adjacent to a symbol or word.  In all cases the value can be nil
| if there is no word nearby.
| The function, belying its name, normally finds a symbol.
| If optional arg REALLY-WORD is non-nil, it finds just a word.
`----

Bye,
Tassilo
--
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.