gnus - xface

From: Hadron Quark
Subject: gnus - xface
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 20:26:43 +0200

I have googled up various ways of getting my posts to include an xface :
so far with no positive result.

One such way was here :

http://my.gnus.org/node/215

Where my test post did have an x-face header of:

but nothing showed up in gnus when I fetched new news and read the
post. Other peoples xfaces are displaying fine.

I got the header file from using the online converter referenced at the
above url and pointing to to a local gif file I have.

So, my question is : How do you include an xface in emacs 21.4 and gnus 5.10.7?

There are loads of different ways in google but no apparent "master
supported way" : it was all quite confusing to be honest.

thanks for any help.