Re: a couple of newbie questions with gnus

From: Martin Jørgensen
Subject: Re: a couple of newbie questions with gnus
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 21:28:08 +0200

Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
Martin Jørgensen <unoder.spam@spam.jay.net> writes:

(setq gnus-select-method '((nntp "192.168.1.100")))

Tassilo Horn <heimdall@uni-koblenz.de> writes:

I think this should be
   (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "192.168.1.100"))

Yes.  What Martin needs to bear in mind is that the distinguished
select method exists alone in one (singularly-named) variable, hence
it is exactly one list.  Other select methods are contained
collectively in another (plurally-named) variable, gnus-secondary-
select-methods, and it is therefore a list of lists -- so if it
contains a single such method, the list-enclosing parentheses must in
turn be encased in another pair of parentheses, within which other
such method lists might appear.

Wow... Thanks a lot. Now it works again........ I wanted to post a "thank you message" from inside gnus so I tried to post a test-message to a .test-group, so I tried this: