Gnus corrupt mailbox w/ nnml

From: Kyle Sexton
Subject: Gnus corrupt mailbox w/ nnml
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 08:59:17 -0500

I'm trying to convert to using nnml since nnmaildir was *slooooow*.
Everything I've read says that nnml is the fastest backend for Gnus
since it is the most like an actual news server.  My setup consists

fetchmail -> procmail -> Inbox.spool

When I try to start Gnus I get an error:

Error, unknown mail format! (Possibly corrupted buffer ` *nnmail

I then get stuck w/ an ~/.emacs-mail-crash-box, but whatever I do I
can't actually view the messages.  I ran the file command on the spool
and got the following back:

Work.spool: ASCII mail text

Here's the contents of my procmailrc and .gnus

# Catchall to the inbox

 gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnml ""))
 mail-sources '((directory :path "~/.incoming/" :suffix ".spool"))
 mail-source-delete-incoming t

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Kyle Sexton