Re: Disconnected from IMAP?

From: Aaron Hsu
Subject: Re: Disconnected from IMAP?
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 06:29:06 -0600

Joel Reicher <joel@panacea.null.org> writes:

> Aaron Hsu <arcfide@mac.com> writes:
>
>> Now, when it tries to reconnect (on a STARTTLS connection), it
>> says that it can't connect, and then it refuses to do anything with this
>> server.
>
> That shouldn't happen. What does the server buffer say when it does?
> Denied?

Yes, it says denied.

>> I see this when I am writing a long email and I just happen to
>> run into trouble there, or if I leave Gnus open for a while and then try
>> to get new messages. Running a restart seems to fix the problem, with by
>> an explicit quit and then M-x gnus or by issuing the `R' key.
>
> That shouldn't be necessary. In the server buffer hit 'C' to close the
> server and then 'O' to reopen it.

This is a handy workaround, thank you for pointing this one out to me. I
would still like to find a way to not have to do this, because that may
mean swtichout out of my editing session in the middle of something and
restablishing the connection before going back in to make sure
everything goes where it should.

--
Aaron Hsu <arcfide@sacrideo.us> | Jabber: arcfide@jabber.org
``Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to