Re: Disconnected from IMAP?

From: Aaron Hsu
Subject: Re: Disconnected from IMAP?
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 05:46:49 -0600

Joel Reicher <joel@panacea.null.org> writes:

> Aaron Hsu <arcfide@sacrideo.us> writes:
>
>> Joel Reicher <joel@panacea.null.org> writes:

>> > That shouldn't happen. What does the server buffer say when it does?
>> > Denied?
>>
>> Yes, it says denied.
>
> Are you using some kind of network address translation between you
> and the IMAP server that might be expiring when the connection has
> been idle? Or perhaps just a firewall of some kind?

I am using a rather extensive set of routers, and it does happen that
the connections are terminated by the routers at times. However, I would
then expect Gnus to be ``disconnected'' and then proceed to re-establish
the connection. This is what happens when I issue the `C' and `O'
commands in the server buffer, which work fine, but apparently this is
not happening with Gnus. I'll see if I can catch it happening some time
and do an fstat like you say on the Emacs process.

--
Aaron Hsu <arcfide@sacrideo.us> | Jabber: arcfide@jabber.org
``Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to