Re: Option for sendmail.el

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: Re: Option for sendmail.el
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:56:01 -0700 (PDT)

On 14 Jul., 16:16, Ted Zlatanov <t...@lifelogs.com> wrote:

> Can you call (message-make-fqdn)  (hit `C-x C-e' after the closing
> parenthesis)?  Also call (message-user-mail-address) and let us know
> what they say.  Finally, what's the value of user-mail-address (use
> `C-h v' to find out)?

Output:
(message-make-fqdn): machinename.localdomain
(message-user-mail-address): my set email address. This one seems
right
C-h v of user-mail-address: same output as (message-user-mail-address)

email address is set via (setq user-mail-address
"myemailname@myprovider.com")

> If your user-mail-address is set properly you should not get that
> message ID.  In your particular case you should get
> <random...@googlemail.com>.

Mhh. Well. No ;). I do not, as it seems.

I guess it is my fault. Configuring .gnus files and having no clue of
gnus,
just following different recipes on the web, is not that smart.

But hey, changing smtpmail.el works. No one ever said using Emacs/gnus
is easy; all they said is: whatever the problem, you may find a
solution ;).

So, it basically works. I think it is fun to "debug"  this behaviour,
but if you
have got more important stuff to attend, we can stop here.

memnon