Re: How to unregister message as spam/ham?

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: How to unregister message as spam/ham?
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 12:42:51 +0200

On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 13:21:03 +0300, Teemu wrote:

> Let's say that I accidentally register a ham message as spam (M-d).
> After leaving the group the message is registered for the bogofilter
> database with bogofilter option "-s" and moved to my spam destination
> nnml:spam. I notice the mistake and go to to nnml:spam group where I
> want to unregister the message as spam _and_ register it as ham
> ("bogofilter -S" and "bogofilter -n").

> With your example the message is not unregistered as spam, only
> registered as ham ("bogofilter -n"). So the bogofilter database will
> still remember that the content of this message was once registered as
> spam.

Ah. When I set up crm114 it didn't have this functionality, I think, so
I wasn't aware of it. Sorry I couldn't be of any help.

Looking in the code, unregistering seems to be handled for bogofilter:

  (spam-install-statistical-backend 'spam-use-bogofilter

  (defun spam-summary-prepare-exit ()
    (unless gnus-group-is-exiting-without-update-p
      (gnus-message 6 "Exiting summary buffer and applying spam rules")

      ;; before we begin, remove any article limits
  ;    (ignore-errors
  ;      (gnus-summary-pop-limit t))

      ;; first of all, unregister any articles that are no longer ham or spam

Using a git-mirror of the CVS repository (thanks!!), it looks like Ted
Zlatanov added it in 2003.

If I read correctly you should see some information about unregistering
in the *Message-Log* buffer, if you set gnus-verbose high enough (like 6
or 9.)

  Best regards,

 "I'm not a monster, well, technically I am"                  Adam Sjøgren