info-sather

Assembler backend (was: GNU Sather Status)

From: Thomas Wicklund
Subject: Assembler backend (was: GNU Sather Status)
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 22:48:07 -0800 (PST)

I'd rather not see an assembler backend unless it's tied to the GNU
compiler backend.  A custom assembler backend limits Sather to the
machines somebody's trying to port it to, and not all of us run on the
same machines.

That's the one problem I've seen with the NZ work -- it seems tied to
Windows and a Windows environment.  Some of us don't run Windows (or
PCs, so standard Linux doesn't work either).