info-sather

Re: Assembler backend (was: GNU Sather Status)

From: Eray Ozkural
Subject: Re: Assembler backend (was: GNU Sather Status)
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 02:06:05 +0300

----- Original Message -----
From: "Quinn Dunkan" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 3:19 PM
> Like what?  The only one I know of is C--, and I don't think that's in a
> usable state.

Like RTL for example. It seems to be the only working choice as a matter
of fact. This is part of the GNU project after all ;)

C-- IIRC was not designed as an intermediate compiler representation language,
but RTL was. Considering the number of platforms and efficiency of RTL I think
it would be the proper choice for a gnu compiler.

Thanks,

__
exa