iruka-devel

Re: [Iruka-devel] Re: "add contact" dialog box

From: Erwan Loisant
Subject: Re: [Iruka-devel] Re: "add contact" dialog box
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 15:18:13 +0900

Yes, sure we should not ask user to enter full JID.

But it is still possible to do a very simple dialog like:

Network [Jabber  ]    (<-- this is a combobox)
        |  ICQ   |
        |  MSN   |
        | Yahoo! |
        +--------+

ID : __________

- Network combo is filled up automatically with transports user subscribed to - JID will be constructed according combo (no change if jabber, add @transport otherwise).

Petr Klyushkin wrote:
Hmm, I think such dialog should provide multiple ways for a user to
add a contact, like in Gabber.  When adding a contact user can choose
to search JUD (ok, this may go to a separate dlg), add contact from
another IM network, or just enter JID manually.

While "Search JUD" can be a separate dialog, I don't see nice ways of
solving "another IM" problem.  Forcing user to enter a JID like
address@hidden isn't too nice because he has to know domain
name of ICQ transport on his Jabber server...  An idea of using Jabber
browsing for this purpose just came to my mind.  We should think a
little on this choice.