iruka-devel

Re: [Iruka-devel] current state of project.

From: Erwan Loisant
Subject: Re: [Iruka-devel] current state of project.
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 15:25:00 +0900

Hello Petr.

Petr Klyushkin wrote:
No icon means "offline" state.  I think offline contacts should draw
as little attention to them as possible.

Well... In fact in near future we should integrate a "hide offline" button or use an "offline" category. For now I would personally prefer that all contact have an icon.

Anyway, when basic fonctions will be stable I will make code on icons more independant, and themes should not be hard to add. That will allow us to have, say a theme with a full transparent offline icon !

Erwan> - Some online contacts appears with no icons.
Never noticed :( Only "offline" contacts and those whose subscription
state doesn't allow us to see their presence ("from" or "none") should
be shown without icons.

I'll try to get more informations about that.

Erwan> - There is no update of contact list after deconnection.
Roster registers a 'Disconnected' event handler which clears contact
list (it is called "on_disconnected").  So, this is probably a bug in
IMCom, not in roster.

I'll have a look.

 Erwan> - I corrected a bug, when opening chat window he is unhappy
 Erwan> you precised wxTE_PROCESS_ENTER since it is implicit for
Erwan> multiline control.
 Erwan> - How to send messages in chat mode ? There are neither
 Erwan> buttons nor keyboard shortcut. Ctrl+enter should be good, but
Erwan> a button is needed (I prepared a dialog).
Enter message in a retort entry and press Enter.  This is why I set
wxTE_PROCESS_ENTER flag for this control.  Without it control will
handle Enter keypress internally.  If you want to send a message with
explicit line-breaks in it, you should use "normal" messages.  This
resembles an IRC client.  Maybe, we should handle C-Enter keypress to
insert a line-break into chat message.

Yes, C-Enter to send messages is better. Anyway, if you want a IRC style then simple line control is better. This is what we will do with group chat.

Best regards,
Erwan.