Re: Hurdish applications for persistence

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Hurdish applications for persistence
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:41:13 +0200

   Why not use a second machine?  As I said previously, I want
   security while sharing selectively.

Implement the little firewall thingy then.  If anything, the only pita
with a sub-hurd is not being able to access the network and stuff like
that.

   But it's not chroot() that's insecure in todays systems, it's the
   rest of the system that is.

This is where we differ, you view it as a design fault in the actual
system, I view it as a design fault (I wouldn't even go that far) in
chroot.

   You keep ignoring that topic.

I'm not ignoring the topic, you and I simply disagree what is at
fault.  You blame the system, I "blame" chroot.