Re: Hurdish applications for persistence

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Hurdish applications for persistence
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:04:43 +0200

   These two positions are logically inconsistent.  The "little
   firewall thingy" requires (to share files) a file_reparent
   operation that _effectively works_ in the context of the whole
   system.  You can not ask for the one thing and reject the other.

Ah, but now it is you who are confused.  I'm talking about a firewall
thingy for a sub-hurd, not chroot.  And I don't recall file_reparent
getting used for sub-hurds.  Baiscly letting boot pass things to the
underlying system, but things that are specifed by the user, so you
could for example only get access to /servers/socket/2, and no other
node.

   If you were god, you would disappear in a puff of smoke now :)

So would you. =)