Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD_MSF_FORMAT vs LBA on NetBSD

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD_MSF_FORMAT vs LBA on NetBSD
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 19:12:16 +0100

Hi,

Edd Barret wrote:
> If you send me the URL to your git repo

I don't have a remote git repo of my own. Only access to some that are
maintained by others.
In general i suspect that git is smarter than me.

> I guess you can use a similar strategy to get my libcdio changes into a
> branch on savannah.

Rocky once forced libcdio commit permissions on me. (Frightening.)
So i will take care of my change in gnu_linux.c.

Merging your branch with libcdio is up to Rocky.

About libcdio-paranoia i would rather propose that you maintain the branch
that will be candidate for merging. For now my only contribution is
spotting two non-fatal quirks, researching their background, and proposing
the obvious fixes.

> But please wait for me to review and re-organise the commits
> in my branch

No problem.

> I can do final testing once we have the branches all but ready to merge.

You should check whether the two predicted problems appear for you
without my changes being applied to libcdio-paranoia.

I saw after correction of the gnu_linux.c bug, when running cd-paranioa
with option -v:

1: No tracks are reported underneath the headline
     "Table of contents (audio tracks only):"

2: The complaint
     "Cannot determine CDROM drive endianness."
   is reported under the headline
     "Attempting to determine drive endianness from data......"

If all is correct on your system, then i do not understand my changes enough.

If you see the problems, then i hope you are curious enough to try my
change proposals.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas