Re: [libmicrohttpd] Anyone wants openssl support in libmicrohttpd?

From: Evgeny Grin
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Anyone wants openssl support in libmicrohttpd?
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 13:52:49 +0300

And, if possible, keep API additions in generalized form.
Refrain from OpenSSL-specific where possible.
This will allow to simplify HTTPS usage from application side and allow to add
support for more TLS-libs in future.
Ideally, application, that linked against libmicrohttpd, should use some
generic API for HTTPS and should not care about specific lib used by
libmicrohttpd.
Hope that Christian will agree with me.

OpenSSL is definitely one of most widely-used TLS lib, but TLS-lib choices are
not limited to it:
* NSS https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Projects/NSS
* LibreSSL http://www.libressl.org/
* mbed TLS https://tls.mbed.org/
* MatrixSSL http://matrixssl.org/
* Botan http://botan.randombit.net/
* Windows SSPI
https://msdn.microsoft.com/ru-ru/library/windows/desktop/aa380493.aspx
Some of them can be better in license or footprint aspects.

--
Best Wishes,
Evgeny Grin