Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Why contains in nonfree that's not ethical?

From: Adam Bolte
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Why contains in nonfree that's not ethical?
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 13:29:59 +1100

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 03:02:24AM +0100, rysiek wrote:
> Dnia wtorek, 17 marca 2015 10:39:36 Adam Bolte pisze:
> > On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 11:26:08PM +0100, rysiek wrote:
> > > The prevailing "feel" when I talk to people about privacy (and
> > > due to my line of work and activism, I do that *a lot*) is that
> > > people *do care*, but they don't have any concrete tools or ways
> > > to act upon that.
> >
> > I suspect that your work and activism probably limit the spectrum
> > of people you talk to. eg. People concerned about business, people
> > from tech conferences and meet-ups, etc.
>
> More like random kids from random schools all across my country.

I haven't discussed this with children, which might partly help
explain the discrepancy. It's great to see they are informed and
taking interest, in your country at least, especially considering many
schools are unfortunately pushing iPads onto students these days.

At least children would have less tendency to be set in their ways.