Re: [Lightning] Porting GNU Smalltalk to lightning 2

From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther
Subject: Re: [Lightning] Porting GNU Smalltalk to lightning 2
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 19:08:19 +0100

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 12:42:27AM -0200, Paulo César Pereira de Andrade wrote:

Good Evening,

> >>   I may work on a new api to ensure the memory is synch'ed
> >> tough. I hope to have lightning 2.0.6 released when it can
> >> drive GNU Smalltalk :)
> >
> > I want to give it a try on ARM as well. Hopefully this week.
>
>   I believe it is very likely to "just" work.

work has been a bit busy. I finally built a version for our TI
DM644x device (armv5) and something goes wrong during the bootstrap,
I cross-compiled lightning and GST here.

My first plan would be to execute the unit tests of lightning
on my device to verify that it does the right thing.

>   For 64 bit, my patch is a complete hack. Need to write a
> proper division code if there isn't an overflow fallback (or an
> assertion if it must always exit). Probably just shift right
> tag bits, divide, shift left tag bits...

This is for lightning itself?