Re: make error on CVS

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: make error on CVS
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 22:44:57 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> (but I doubt that this is really necessary), but you should exactly
> document which component versions are needed instead of talking about
> `broken systems' which is not true.  I can't find a hint in the docs

If "man round" on a system says

     #include <math.h>
     [..]
     double round(double x);

then it should have round() in math.h; otherwise it is broken: either
the manpage is wrong, or the header file is buggy. I don't think it is
my job to determine where it exactly

>  Honestly, only lilypond makes compilation
>problems of this kind...

We have a policy of using library features as much as possible to
promote code reuse and prevent unnecessary maintenance work. As a
result we require up-to-date libraries from users.

I do not foresee changes in this policy until we have bigger
development "staff", so we have enough manpower to waste it on
inventing our own wheels.