Re: Link to bug tracker

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Link to bug tracker
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 11:43:07 -0700

Cameron Horsburgh wrote:
On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 02:23:52PM +0200, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Frankly, I think it's better to have Graham as a filter to the unwashed hordes (although Graham may disagree :-)
I agree that it's a good idea that not everybody can file a bug report directly
into the system,

I agree, but does the google disallow non-members from entering bugs?

but it would certainly be a good idea if anybody can browse
through the existing bug reports before they send their own possibly duplicate bug report to the mailing list. Of course, the mailing list archives partly provides
the same service, but not completely.

Yes. I'm going to alter the docs when I'm finished merging all the old bugs.

On a related note, how goes the database? I have a bug that I
submitted in April that doesn't seem to be in there, but I don't want
to bug Graham by resubmitting it unless I'm sure it's been missed.

I have about a two dozen bugs left to do; I should finish them soon. That said, I don't have any remaining issues from you. There were a few bug reports that I couldn't understand / couldn't reproduce / were covered by other bugs, and there probably a few bugs that were lost in the shuffle.

Cameron, if your bug still exists in 2.9.21, please resubmit. I think I still have bug reports from everybody else, so don't resubmit stuff quite yet.