John Mandereau wrote:
Well, I don't understand that. The examples are partly about the
comparison of versions with their according enhancements. I was somehow
hoping you might find the svgs of the pictures somwhere. Then I could
change the text parts of the svg files (that is just adding the
brackets and quotes). They would be stored in the lilypond website
sources for the case that somebody would translate it to new languages.
But we don't need lilypond anymore at this point: everything happens
via the python script to replace the textstrings and the conversion
Le mardi 17 avril 2007 à 18:56 -0400, Han-Wen Nienhuys a écrit :
2007/4/17, John Mandereau <address@hidden>:
Han-Wen, do you find the (svg) sources of the files so the relevant
pngs can be replaced by svgs?
Certainly; however, we need to be careful, since the SVGs will be
coupled to the lilypond version used.
Yes, I trust Till to tell us which version he used to generate the
Also the pic I sent so far was actually just a draft to see how it
works: while the music output is quite the same the bracket it much
nicer in the "official" version so I would prefer using this svg file.
Yes, but I won't find at the moment fiddling with different lilypond
versions so I would need the original svgs, if you can find them.
Otherwise I will have to wait until a moment when I have time to
install lilypond 1.8 and so on to compile the files with different
Which LilyPond version did you use? I tried to open your .svg with
fonts in ~/.fonts of 2.11.22 and 2.10.20, and it always looks like the
png I sent previously. I'd like very much to commit your work to
git.sv.gnu.org, but I'm afraid the system on which svgs are converted
might have a similar problem with fonts. So, before I push, I'd like
somebody (or ideally several people) to confirm naive-notation.svg
display correctly on his/her system.
Don't worry: lilypond.org doesn't run inkscape, so the files won't get
to lilypond.org; it would be best if someone prepared a tarball of PNG
files that we can upload to lilypond.org before the website fixes get
pushed to lilypond.org
So, I think the good plan is (in this order):
1. Till sends me the SVGs so I commit them to Git
2. I commit the very small German, French and Spanish PO updates
The pngs would be compiled on base of the svgs and the according
3. Till sends you (or Jan) the PNGs to be uploaded to lilypond.org
I guess you mean mainly linking issues.
4. I commit the changes in HTML pages