Re: Emacs lilypond-mode

From: Shelagh Manton
Subject: Re: Emacs lilypond-mode
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 08:57:41 +1000

On Sun, 2007-09-02 at 03:41 -0700, Graham Percival wrote:
> Shelagh Manton wrote:
> > I am not sure of the procedure of drawing attention to work like this,
> > how or where to upload the file. I would appreciate if someone could
> > look over the file, try it out and see if it might be useful.
> >
> I can't help directly with this (I'm a vim guy with no emacs
> experience), and perhaps this is old news to you, but we have some info
> about emacs in the new Program Usage documentation (2.11 only).  If you
> haven't seen it, take a look.  The info might be old news to you, or it
> might even be incorrect (in which case, please suggest fixes), but the
> files referenced in those docs might give you some pointers.
>
> Cheers,
> - Graham

Thank you for your reply.

It is  a simple addition to the emacs lilypond-mode stuff. I am not sure
how people add to this, as it's not part of the LilyPond code proper and
thus sending a diff -u is not appropriate. Maybe just sending it to this
list is enough.

It has been tested only my own computer I wish to have others use it to
see if it worked OK for them. Perhaps sending it to the user list would
be better?

Lastly, as I am not a programmer, more in the nature of a trained monkey
having taught myself how to use the emacs skeleton extension reasonably
well, I was hoping to attract the attention of someone who did know
elisp and could either help me work out how to do the things I wished in
the script or implement the functions themselves :).

Shelagh