Re: Build failure with Scheme (again)

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Build failure with Scheme (again)
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 12:38:25 +0200

Le 26 avr. 08 à 12:21, Graham Percival a écrit :

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 12:02:03 +0200
Nicolas Sceaux <address@hidden> wrote:

Le 26 avr. 08 __ 11:49, Nicolas Sceaux a __crit :

Le 26 avr. 08 __ 04:28, Han-Wen Nienhuys a __crit :

It would be cool if we could define the markups like

(define-markup-command (bla layout properties width arg) (number?
markup?)
((line-thickness 0.0)
 (corner-radius 0.2))

..
)

where this defines that the bla command uses line-thickness and
corner-radius, and automatically extracts them from properties.
We could then annotate the bla command automatically.

Nicolas, what do you think?

Sorry, I didn't follow that thread. The aim is to automatically
extract
the properties a markup command is using, for the documentation,
right?
Then we could restrict this syntax change to builtin commands.
Anyway, implementing this should not be a problem. I can have a
look at it.

Was not there also something about markup commands categories?

Valentin is already working on giving
define-builtin-markup-command an extra argument for "category",
and when we build the list of markup commands for the docs, we'd
group them by category.  He had a preliminary patch which worked
(but was ugly) that I rejected a week or two ago.

I don't know precisely what Han-Wen and Mats were talking about,
though; it's beyond my understanding of the lilypond internals.

The first part is about having for instance:

(define-builtin-markup-command (triangle layout props filled) (boolean?)
  ((thickness 0.1)
   (font-size 0)
   (baseline-skip 2))
  "A triangle, either filled or empty. [...]"
  ..code using thickness, font-size, etc, extracted from props..)

Then the generated documentation would be:

*\triangle* /filled/ (boolean)

    A triangle, either filled or empty. [...]

    Used properties:
       thickness (0.1)
       font-size (0)
       baseline-skip (2)

While I'm at it, I was proposing to implement the category thing.

nicolas