Re: GDP status July 2008

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP status July 2008
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 01:47:36 -0700

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 09:32:53 +0100
"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think I can do this by end-Aug (but not by
> end-July) provided I can leave any detailed
> formatting stuff for someone else to tidy up.

That's fine; I'm not concerned about.  Just make sure the docs
compile.  :)

> By this I mean inserting index entries, refs
> to relevant stuff elsewhere, looking out
> snippets, etc.  Things that are useful but not
> absolutely essential.

Actually, all of these things are optional for NR writers.  I
don't care how incomplete the indexes are -- Ralph has offered to
work on these once he's finished Repeats, and it's easier to let
one person do them all.  It's a royal pain to think about writing docs,
organizing material, *and* index terms, all at once.

Snippets should be suggested by non-doc people on -user.  It's a
trivial job and we have more than enough work already.

Links elsewhere would be helpful, but they're relatively easy to
add later.