Re: post-GDP doc team

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: post-GDP doc team
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:58:37 +0200

It is difficult for me to answer a message like this. My English is
rather LilyPond-specific, and I cannot use adequately words as owe,
deserve and so on. I am sure that you know what I mean.

Maybe the best hommage I can do for you is to try, by all means, to
finish vocal.itely in three weeks. Unfortunately, I cannot ensure
this, because I have to finish a small book (LP-related) for my first
year PhD course, before september. After this, I will have much more
time to spend.

My real life work has changed very much, no webpage of my institution
anymore, no Organology, no Score Typesetting, no Internet for
Musicians. Only Chamber Music from now on. :-( This means much more
time for LilyPond.

I'd like to help in maintaining of the docs if it is possible.
Translating into Spanish will soon reach a point in which only
sporadic maintaining from time to time will be really necessary (I
hope). There are large chunks of untranslated docs, though.

Just to be absolutely clear, people with git access can push the GDP
changes directly in git from now on?

Graham: Good Luck. I have learned soo much from you! Thank you.

2008/7/27 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> *Patrick, *Jonathan: please email patches to Neil; he'll apply them
> to git for you.  I'm happy to sponsor you for direct git access,
> once we figure out how to handle git for doc-writers (see
> the "separate git tree for docs" email).
(...)

> Maybe this is just a summer blip (everybody's on
> vacation)

It is. But different people have different spare time in different
months of the year.

> From now on, I'm not going to force myself to do anything for you
> guys, so if I'm not in the mood to read about Rhythms or Fretted
> strings, I'm not going to.

This sounds as you are really, really tired. You have demonstrated a
big big strength, willing and energy. Have a rest and you will see
things of another colour.

> Francisco: I don't know if you want to keep on working on the
> English docs after GDP.

Yes, as I said.

> I highly doubt that vocal.itely will be
> finished within 4 weeks, but after that's done you might want to
> switch back to translating.

I Have to translate, that's what I joined for. Remember, there are 400
million of spanish-speaking potential users out there waiting for a
free software solution to music typesetting in their own language.

> However, like Carl, I hope you'll
> still review/comment on other doc work.

Count on me, you all guys.

> I will continue to handle the other GDP contributors until Aug
> 18th

Here I understand that "other" are the ones not in the to: header of
the message, and therefore we must not disturb you anymore. I am very
sorry if mu understanding of all the meanings of this message is not
fully clear from the very beginning.

Cheers! Again, Good Luck.

Yours,
--