Re: any remaining syntax changes?

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: any remaining syntax changes?
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 20:04:05 +0100

2008/8/13 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> Neil,
>
> Have all the syntax changes been made yet?  If not, what's left?

Just the \center-align issue and your proposed reorganization of ly/ filenames.

> I'm a bit concerned that we still have changing syntax (the
> current docs can't be compiled with 2.11.55, for example) so close
> to 2.12.  I'd really like .56 to have the completed syntax, so we
> could have at least one or two devel releases before 2.12 with an
> unchanging syntax.

I'm not aware of any syntax changes between 2.11-55-1 and 55-2; it
must be Carl's predefined fretboards which are causing compilation to
fail.

I'll post requests for feedback concerning both these changes (and
removal of the obsolete accordion code).

> Also, have you finished reviewing the GDP technical-todo.txt list?
> Remember that I may or may not be around after 1 week from now.  If
> there's anything unclear, we need to deal with it now.

It all seems pretty straightforward; the difficult part will be in
implementing some of the items.

Regards,
Neil