Re: Local doc building with texi2html

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Local doc building with texi2html
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 00:38:08 -0700

Hi John,

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 11:31:58PM +0200, John Mandereau wrote:

> Strange... There is <link rel=stylesheet> in all HTML pages generated by
> texi2html in my build.  Does anything look strange in "make web" output?
> You can do
>
> find -wholename '*out-www/*.html' -delete
> make out=www WWW-2 &>log
>
> and send the log if you're not sure.
>
> Which Texi2html revision do you use btw?

I was using the latest CVS revision.  However, after installing a
revision from a week ago, the <link> tags are added like normal.

I don't know Perl, but I found this news entry that Patrice added
within the last week:

* Configuration variables are not modified anymore, instead the variable
  value is put in $Texi2HTML::THISDOC{'VAR'}. This is the case for
  DO_CONTENTS, DO_SCONTENTS, CSS_LINES, BODYTEXT, DOCUMENT_DESCRIPTION,
  DOCUMENT_ENCODING, IN_ENCODING, ENCODING_NAME, OUT_ENCODING.

  For example, if $CSS_LINES is defined, the value is put in
  $Texi2HTML::THISDOC{'CSS_LINES'} which is used for formatting, and if
  $CSS_LINES is not defined, $Texi2HTML::THISDOC{'CSS_LINES'} is
  autodetected.

Since an example with CSS_LINES is described, and this variable is
used in the init file, I figured this might be relevant.

Regardless, it's clear that my problem was due to an upstream change.

Thanks,
Patrick