Re: Using \lookup to extract glyphs

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Using \lookup to extract glyphs
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 09:41:10 +0100

2008/11/27 Neil Puttock <address@hidden>:

> How about \left-brace and (rotated) \right-brace?  This would make it
> much simpler to embed them within text that has font-name overrides.

Great idea!

... either two commands with the size as an argument,

\left-brace #20
\right-brace #40

either one command with the direction and the size as two arguments:

\brace #left #20

Since it is not widely used, maybe we could have the second one (oh,
and since most braces are left-oriented, maybe the direction argument
could be made optional: \brace #20 would be equivalent to \brace #left
#20)

But maybe that's too complex...

Cheers,
Valentin