Re: GOP: new website

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GOP: new website
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 09:57:09 -0800

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 08:16:07AM -0700, Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

> Seriously, I think that parts of the LM and AU could appear on the website
> in html generated from the same source as in the manuals, but with different
> links.
>
> I think there needs to be only one *source* for information, but not
> necessarily only one representation.

Well, then we're back to step #1: another round of fiddling with
texi2html.

> But I'll wait for specific comments until I see the specific proposals.

Good point.  Ok, consider LM 1.1.  That's the brief essay on music
engraving and why lilypond rocks.  It's getting removed from LM
and merged with the HTML essay about music engraving and why
lilypond rocks.

Do we:
- write the new essay in texinfo, and compile it with texi2pdf and
  texi2html?

- write the new essay in HTML, and tell people to print out the
  HTML if they want a paper version?

- use PHP / joomba / dango / docbook / whatever to produce pdfs
  and html?