Re: CM 1.1 git question

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: CM 1.1 git question
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 16:04:57 -0600

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009, Jonathan Kulp wrote:

I realized after I sent it, though, that I sent it from my Thunderbird email client and this historically has jacked up the line endings.

We had a very "interesting" discussion with one of the Thunderbirds on the Git list (who I dragged into the discussion). It seems that the Mozilla people refuse to accept that they cause major pain with their stance.

So I started writing a Thunderbird extension that hopefully will help matters by providing a "File>Send Patch(es)..." menu entry. It is extremely alpha for the moment, I have one success story and one failure story, so I am quite unsure if it works.

If you're interested to test, let me know and I will send you an .xpi.

Ciao,
Dscho

I'd be happy to try this out. I don't know that it's solely a Mozilla issue in my case, though, because IIRC I had the same problem when I sent files to Carl using Mutt. Something about my ISP maybe. The only way I could get files sent properly, preserving the unix endings was to use a web-based email interface, which I hate to do. I'll do it if that's what it takes to preserve the line endings, I just have to *remember* to do it because my default action is to send from Thunderbird.

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com