Re: Clarifying and requests for documentation

From: Sawada , Yoshiki
Subject: Re: Clarifying and requests for documentation
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 11:19:48 +0000 (UTC)

> I'm not top posting.

Hello John,

I am really sorry to reply too late. I am recently busy to get and prepare for
the new job.

I released the new patch for ja doc. It provides files for NR and some fixes.

http://irjb.s346.xrea.com/wiki/Patches+for+LilyPond+Document.html

Add "Documentation/ja/user/i18n/ja" to the source code. If there is not
the message catalog file, texi2html generates wrong characters for navigation
tables.

John Mandereau <john.mandereau <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> > Do you mean that you will make node names and section titles translated only
> > by manual
> > (that is, they are translated in the source files, but not by the po file)?
> >
> Yes, that's it.
>
> > If it is correct, I want new commands as following rather than it:
> >
> > @rinternalsnamed-untranslated{TEXT,DISPLAY}
> >
> > where, DISPLAY is not translated.
> > Is this possible?
> >
> There is no need for such a macro: in case TEXT will be a context or
> grob name, it shouldn't be translated,
> so you write e.g. @rinternals{Clef} in the Texinfo sources, and when I
> have junked the gettext trickery for HTML
> output this issue will die.

I am afraid your work does not work well.
Reference to "Clef" of Internals Reference is translated to "音部記号". Please
check the following:

記譜法リファレンス
 1. 音楽記譜法
  1.1 音高
   1.1.3 音高を表示する
    音部記号
     参照
      内部リファレンス: Clef_engraver, 音部記号, OctavateEight, clef-interface
                                    ^^^^^^ Here!!!

---- English ----
Notation Reference
 1. Musical notation
  1.1 Pitches
   1.1.3 Displaying pitches
    Clef
     See also
      Internals Reference: Clef_engraver, Clef, OctavateEight, clef-interface

Thanks,
Yoshiki