Re: Clarifying and requests for documentation

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Clarifying and requests for documentation
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 17:09:45 -0000

Sawada, Yoshiki wrote  Saturday, March 07, 2009 10:36 AM

Hi Yoshiki

Trevor Daniels <t.daniels <at> treda.co.uk> wrote:
> 3. NR 1.2.3 Displaying rhythms -> Polymetric notation -> > Selected
> Snippets
>
> This snippet is used in the section "Time Signature" and > discusses
> about
> compound time signatures. I think it should be removed or > replaced
> by
> a appropriate snippet.

The example shown is not entirely appropriate, I agree, but there
seems to be no better snippet available in the LSR at the moment.
There are two which show polymetric notation, but both are too long for the NR (which is already too large). They can easily be seen by
clicking on the Rhythms snippets.

Maybe we should just remove this snippet?  Views?

I think it wastes space of a page and makes readers confused to put
a snippet into the page twice. And it is enough to reference to
Snippets. Of course, this is my opinion.

NR is very long to translate, especially 1.1 Pitches and 1.2 Rhythms.
Therefore, my translation does not look like progressing so much.
It will take a while to release the next patch.

As we are now in a development release perhaps you
could do your translation a section or two at a time.

Remember that only chapter 1. Musical notation is
stable.  All the other chapters are subject to further
revision, maybe extensive revision, so translation of
these is not recommended at present, unless you are
prepared to watch for revisions in git.

I would also recommend deferring the translation of
the snippets under See also and even the Selected
snippets until all the main text in the chapter has
been translated.  (Apologies if this is your intention
already.)

Trevor