Re: tab characters in the source code

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: tab characters in the source code
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 15:33:06 +0200

Op donderdag 09-04-2009 om 20:01 uur [tijdzone +0800], schreef Graham
Percival:

> See, I was with you until this point.  Tying code indentation to a
> particular editor is... not ideal.

No, but that's why I propose to first start our Zebra group and
figure out coding standards.  It's about time we got some, no?

However, I think it would be stupid if we created a programmer's
editor and then *not* have it default to our coding standards?

Now how do we prevent that in some far away future,
people will have forgotten this and propose to deviate from
the Zebra standard?  I suggest to prefix all names in our
softwares in our to be prefixed with "ZEBRA/".  For example:
ZEBRA/LilyPond.  That will surely work!  People are curious
by nature.  This prefix which will lead them to zebra.org!