Re: PATCH: Improved tablature support

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: PATCH: Improved tablature support
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 19:02:55 +0200

address@hidden schrieb:
Please dont rename the cross head, it has a name, predating any usage
stemming from rock musicians jargon.  That name is further 'blessed' by
the unicode standard, "Musical Symbol X Notehead", 1D143.
I think Lilypond should propose both, the "official", somewhat abstract name
for a glyph, a symbol, whatever, but the stuff should also be accessible via the musicians' term. When I read the ly source of a file, it is self-explaining if I read
\deadNote ... , so as a guitarist, I know what to do.

I know, a similar discussion has been on the mailing list, so I don't want to repeat everything. In my opinion, there should be as much synonyms for any given function as needed to allow easier music encoding (not engraving, as seen from the musicians' side).

Marc