[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [PATCH 1/2] scm/define-markup-commands.scm: remove some unnecessary

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] scm/define-markup-commands.scm: remove some unnecessary lookups
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 21:32:55 +0100
User-agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.1.50 (gnu/linux)

Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> writes:

> I appreciate your work on this.
> However, I am *not* in favor of moving in this direction to solve the
> problems you correctly identified.
> In my mind, the *last* thing we need is another opaque interface in
> LilyPond, where in the markup command we don't know whether a certain
> property is to be looked up in props or to be assigned a value in a
> let-binding from the define-internal-markup-command macro.
> I think it's *much* better to pass default values as appended values
> to the tail of props.  Then we can go ahead and use a props lookup in
> the code.

Hm?  As I already wrote, I did a code review and this is the style used
for 95% of the existing markups.  My patches just bring the remaining 5%
in line with the rest.

There is not much point in _not_ applying them unless you plan to change
the other 95%.  Even then, starting from a consistent state does not
much harm.

David Kastrup

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]